14 December 2004

Birthday Dinner

Tonight, some friends are going to celebrate a birthday dinner with me. Many of them will be out of town or graduating on my birthday Saturday, so they wanted to hang out tonight. I think it will be fun, considering we are going to eat at Johnny Carino's!! I haven't been there in forever, and I am definitely craving some good ole' Italian food. As for the rest of the night, we'll see what they have in store.

I worked on Ju-Jit-Zu last night with my friend Logan. I'm quite sure that's not the right spelling, so someone correct me where I'm wrong. But today I am pleasantly sore and covered in bruises. There are some really good techniques to be learned. It is just a matter of making them second nature, and I don't get to practice often enough to have them memorized. I think I may be getting a little better though. This was about my 3rd or 4th time to try out some moves. The pressure points in the human body are amazing! I also did my normal work out routine. I just renewed the membership for another 3 months. So hopefully, I can stay motivated and see some results. This is the first time for me to really have an exercise routine in my life, and I'm really trying to keep it up. This will be one of the first things I do upon arriving in Chicago. Join a gym. If I make it a part of my lifestyle from the beginning, it will be habit. I get so excited every time I think about moving!

And here's some more writing, just for the heck of it:

A Thought

I'll be around. Just looking around, you know. Because I've figured out that there is not just one "best thing"..... Well, there IS, but I have come to understand that I can't have that one "best thing." Because, well because, he'd be SETTLING for only the "next best thing." So I'll continue to look for my "next best thing" while you continue to look for "your best thing." And when you find her, I'll be very happy for you. Just remember,... she's most likely SETTLING... for the "next best thing."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's intense...and maybe somewhat true. Still debating.