11 January 2005

Phony Phone Salesmen

...can bite me! Why do I even bother to get my hopes up about such things? Apparently, I was mistakenly using the words "plan" and "contract" interchangeably. MY BAD OK? MY TERRIBLE BAD!! So yeah, no new phone for Heather. I tried to explain about the move to Chicago and that I don't want to renew my plan until I am there and see what plan will be best for me.

I'm sorry, did I say "plan?" I meant to say BLOODY CONTRACT!

So basically I have to wait until then for a new phone even though I've been eligible since October 2004!!!!!!! Then, I'll be signing a new CONTRACT. Or whatever. So I said, well I don't have "a" phone to talk on right now, so I guess I will have to get this one repaired." And he pointed to the line across the room. The "maintenance" line. I simply left the store. If anyone tries calling me soon, I guess I'll just call you back whenever. I can, however, still check my voicemails from another phone. So encouraging messages of hope are welcomed. Lamentably.

swimming in the bayou

now that your indifferences have become my own,

your words of nothing slowly creep into my everything

suffocating my endless source of wind

i try to pull myself back onto the raft

but my upper arm strength has faded into nothing

just like everything else

too weak to pull up

too weak to invest

too weak to breathe

drowning would be so much easier

i let go

and sink to the bottom

my foot touches the floor

instinct takes over

and i push back to the surface

my lungs fill with air

and i am ready to embrace

this new adventure

a steady hand pulls me onto the raft

Do you trust me?

NO

No comments: