13 November 2008

Nothing Will Ever Be Always

Well... we are constantly learning lessons in life. My current lesson - well it isn't an easy one to swallow. But I know I'll be all the better for it once I have mastered it.

Nothing will ever be always.

Nothing encompassing not just MY life, but all those around me as well. It's a dark world, but as I uncover my everpresent self - I'm beginning to see glimpses of hope again. I'm connected to it all, and somehow that just makes everything ok.

Sometimes, you have to tell yourself something every day until you believe it. That's what I did when I moved here to Chicago from Texas. It seemed like such an impossible task. Like no one gets out of that town. So I spoke it aloud every day until it finally happened. I think it took almost a year, but it came to fruition. That's what I'm doing lately, and it's working again. "He isn't the one for you." "You won't wind up together in the end." And you know, I actually believe those things. And as I say them everyday, I believe them more and more. Eliminate the negative possibilities making room for the positive wide-open spaces of the future.

Even though nothing will ever be always...something will always be sometimes. And that makes my heart smile.

2 comments:

Twintone said...

A better title would have been, "Nothing Lasts Forever--Even cold November Rain."

HD said...

November rain that just turned to November snow. Oof.