03 January 2005

New Year New BEER!!

I think I just came up with a really good advertisement for a beer coming out at the beginning of a new year. Maybe I'll make lots of money from that. Maybe I should switch careers. Nah. That was a rarity. I only think of clever things once in a blue moon, and I'm certain that many if not most of my friends will argue, that that wasn't clever anyway. So I'll just stick to the acting/move to Chicago thing. We'll all be safer that way.

Wow...so many things I could talk about after being away for so long. Hmm...

Christmas.. was really good. I got a lot of kitchen goodies and things for the apartment and move to Chicago. Pots, plates, apron, pot holders, can opener, knives, etc. I got a gift certificate for $200 towards either a couch or a kitchen table. Some Atari games that you simply plug in the TV, and earmuffs and umbrella for the windy city.

Then I had the whole week after Christmas off. Sound exciting? It wasn't. I stayed here the entire time and had band practice for 8 and 9 hours a night. Ridonculous. But the New Year's eve show was fabulous! (more on that to follow) The week.. I got some room cleaning done, visited with out of town friends, but mainly every day was planned around practice. So much for going out of town. There was a pleasant surprise for me on Thursday, but I am still not certain of its intent. Don't give someone what they expect.. And voila, action. THAT was a difficult lesson to learn.

So Friday was New Year's Eve. We began set up at the Vortex at noon. Of course everyone was asleep and Mike and I had to call and wake everyone. Then left at 4 to head back home and get ready for the long night. Put some crazy clothes together, threw in a side ponytail for good measure, and BAM!--Heather was a rockstar! I showed back up and the guys were looking might spiffy. They made it known that they approved of my outfit as well. We were all a little nervous and anxious waiting for things to start. Some friends of mine showed up that I had called: Ryan Byrne and Daniel Walker from high school, Adam Mac, a friend of Jeff Griffin's; J-Mo came in from Baytown. And the show went great! We had a blast. I got champagne sprayed all over me at midnight, not so cool. But it didn't matter, cuz MR. BIGSTUFF was to follow. And I let all the guys have it on that one. Haha. Anyway, the afterparty was less than exciting. I caught some Waffle House first, which had a "hostess" at the door seating people because the line was so long.

New Year's Day consisted of a lot of laziness followed by hangout time with Logan. We ate at Casa Ole which we weren't to thrilled by, but we were, however, thrilled by our waiter. The most genuine and wonderful service I have ever received. I ate an extremely hot jalapeno and was paying for it. When we clued him into what had happened and asked for a tortilla, he proceeded to RUN back to the kitchen for it. Then ran all the way back to the table. Then without warning, a couple of minutes later, he brought out some ice cream WITH strawberries I might add, and said that should REALLY cool down my mouth. I know this description doesn't sound so awesome, but you had to feel his warmth. Seriously, I think mine and Logan's hearts' grew just like the grinches did. They were about to burst out of our chests we loved him so much. Then he didn't charge us for the ice cream, or the tortilla or one of Logan's beers. He was just too sweet. So we tipped him really well. Then we saw a HUGE DEAD WILD BOAR on the side of the road. Disgusting! So I got out and took pictures. Logan shined his jeep headlights on him. He put his foot on him like he had conquered him and flexed his muscles and I snapped some fun shots. Then we got out of there REAL quick because the smell was....woof! Then we decided to make up for the crappy parts of our New Year's Eve and went out again. Only it seemed no one else had the same idea. There weren't very many people out. We went to Pablano Grill, Madison's, Tokyo's, and the Vortex. So we had a great time.

Then Sunday, I took it easy. Was supposed to get called to hang out at 6, but by 6:30/6:45 I knew it was time to make other plans. So I did. I grabbed some grub with Kent and his brother Blake. Then Mike Janssens met us there. Then back over to Kent's and watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, a movie I really like. Then over to Lauren's for her welcoming party to her new home. I got the call from Jason, the guy who was supposed to call at 6, around 9 o'clock I believe. Needless to say, I didn't answer. Men in this world have absolutely no respect for the women they are "interested in." I say, just leave me alone! Anyway, we played SNL Trivial Pursuit at Lauren's. So here I am, the girl who has never watched SNL. Attempting to win a game of trivia about it. I don't think so. So I got out of there pretty quick. I was feeling pretty weird anyway. So it was time for some sleep.

Now I am back at work after a long late night week. My schedule is completely out of whack and I feel drained and a little sick. My eyes are so itchy that it literally feels like I have needles sticking in them, and yes, I have gained 4 lbs. Somehow, my new year is not so exciting so far. I should probably come up with a resolution here pretty soon. I'll try to keep everyone posted.

Cheers! (stole that from Alistair)


No comments: