09 April 2005

SilverCloud and Minus the Bear

OK, I'll admit. I officially suck as a blogger. I'm the world's worst. I understand if no one is even reading this anymore. I don't blame you. How funny for me to say, I don't blame you when you aren't even reading it. Anyhow..

Just got home for the evening. Home, in CHICAGO, that is. : ) Yes, I have finally arrived. In fact, it will be 2 weeks on Monday. I'm quite thrilled. Lots of good things are happening. This week, yesterday in fact, I had an interview with Trading Technologies, which was recently rated the 3rd best company to work for in Chicago. I am interviewing for their receptionist which is actually a pretty big deal...considering the company. The hours will be M-F 8-5. Which will hopefully leave the evenings free for plays and theatre. If not, maybe I'll do this for just a while to save up some cash in order to quit and be poor and do some theatre. I've also been looking into some plays to audition for and even short films for all the film students at the local universities. Local is such a different term here. Am I referring to my city, or "section of the city?" Haha, I think that's great. We haven't run out of things to do yet.

I also had my first celebrity sighting today. Ogre from REVENGE OF THE NERDS. We saw him up near Wrigleyville while trying to win tickets to go see the Cubs. Not that I cared much to see the Cubs, but to be insdie Wrigleyfield...absolutely! It was nice also knowing I was probably treading over the very ground the Matthew Broderick walked upon while portraying the infamous Ferris. The evening then lead to Logan Square to catch the band, MINUS THE BEAR from Seattle. They were quite good. Another lame band followed, so it was off to SilverCloud where the night came to a close for me. My friends went home, and I hailed a cab up Milwaukee. Only about 6 blocks, but didn't want to be unsafe at the hour of night. Made it in safe and sound, and about to tuck myself in.

Adam the roommate is in Beaumont this weekend, so of course I have the place all to myself. That is... DAMIEN and I have the place all to OURselves... ; ) haha

Good night and Sweet Dreams from the Windy City...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Chicago

Feisty Spektor said...

Thanks Dave. Are you from around here? How's it going?

Anonymous said...

DAMIEN

Feisty Spektor said...

hey babe. just humoring myself. love you!