24 January 2005

Here's to Johnny...

Well, obviously I am not really qualified to blog about Mr. Carson considering my age and lack of pop culture knowledge. But I felt it important to pay tribute to him, as someone who shares a relative field with me and who contributed so much to television and society I am sure. It seems in every moment that I hear someone refer to him, it is always with a sense of nostalgia and fondness. From the short clips I have seen, I can recognize some form of warmth that might also be associated with other celebrities such as Carole Burnett, John F. Kennedy, Kermit, and even Mr. Rogers. I salute Johnny Carson and his unique and special life and wish him only the best in his current afterlife. (Ok, I know that was weird, but you know.)

I'm sitting, I'm waiting, I'm patient, I'm smiling, I'm loving, I'm encouraging, I'm losing, I die.
CLEAR!!
Defibrilator works, I'm resuscitated, and all resumes...just as it was before. Alas.

No comments: